*For residential repairs during Sequim Service Fest (June 4th-June 15th, 2018) you must meet eligibility requirements outlined below. If you think you meet these requirements, please click on the link above to fill out a Home Repair Intake Form.*
Income Eligibility Limits:
Neighborhood Revitalization (NR) encompasses three housing solutions that will allow low-income homeowners to repair, strengthen and beautify their homes at a price they can comfortably afford. Homeowners interested in the NR program must demonstrate a need for assistance, the ability to pay a low-interest loan, and a willingness to invest "Sweat Equity" by helping complete the work themselves. Each housing solution will address a different need and the cost and duration of each project will vary.
ELIGIBILITY- Homeowners must meet the following basic program criteria for this home repair program: 1. You must own a home in Sequim or Port Angeles. The property must be owner-occupied and serve as the primary residence of all the owners on the title. 2. Eligible properties are owner-occupied Single Family Residences (SFR), manufactured homes, condominiums, townhomes, and duplexes. Mobile homes and rental properties ARE NOT eligible. Owners of multiple real estate properties are not eligible. 3. Homeowners must demonstrate that the following items are current: *Mortgage Loan Payment *Homeowner's Insurance *Property Taxes 4. The household must be a low-income house. 5. Homeowners must agree to an affordable repayment plan. 6. Homeowner and/or household members must be willing to contribute "Sweat Equity" hours, or equivalent as approved by Habitat. 7. Homeowners must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident.
AFFORDABLE REPAYMENT- Homeowners agree to pay for repair services provided by Habitat through one of the following affordable repayment plans: 1. Homeowners may make a one-time payment covering the full costs of the repairs provided. Discounts may be available. 2. Homeowners agree to a 0% interest, zero down payment, and affordable loan for the total project costs of the repairs provided. The loan is secured to the property, and discounts are available for early repayment. 3. All repayment funds are recycled and used to assist future low-income homeowners in need of repairs.
PARTNERSHIP- Habitat establishes a partnership that relies on the homeowner's involvement and participation. If selected for the home repairs, homeowners must be willing to partner with Habitat in a variety of ways, including: 1. Signing a Homeowner Agreement-homeowners pledge to partner with Habitat and perform the expected commitments of the program including completion of required "Sweat Equity" hours. 2. The homeowner, a household member or friend of the homeowner must be on site and willing to work in various capacities throughout the duration of the home repairs. 3. Homeowner(s) commit to being a good Habitat for Humanity Ambassador in the community.
Home Preservation (A Brush with Kindness) covers the following services:
- Siding and trim repair and replacement; replacing wood members
- Exterior scraping, caulking, and painting
- Handrails at property entrances
- Window repair (new screen, glass, glazing) or replacement
- Gutter repair/replacement
- Porch, deck or wheelchair construction
- Repair or replacement of porch, stairs, or ramp
- Fencing repair or replacement
- Door repairs or replacements for house or garage
- Weather-stripping at doors, or adding/replacing door seals
- Landscaping (pruning, trimming, removal, planting, weeding, reseeding, irrigation)
- General clean-up, brush/debris removal
- Foundation repairs
- Cosmetic or decorative repairs and modifications
- Construction or demolition of rooms or additions
- Remodeling improvements not related to health, safety, or accessibility needs
- Repairs on properties that are uninhabitable, or have open permits
- Repairs on properties with unpermitted or illegal additions
- Repairs on properties undergoing current construction, renovation, or remodeling
- Repairs on properties in a state of incomplete construction renovation, or remodeling
- Repairs on properties which Habitat deems unsafe for staff, volunteers or contracted professionals
At this time, Habitat Clallam is not participating in a Weatherization Program. For help with any weatherization needs, please visit the Olympic Community Action Programs website at https://olycap.org/get-help/weatherization
If you meet the required eligibility criteria, please fill out the Home Repair Intake Form. If you need assistance with any part of this form, please contact us at 360-775-3742. We will be in contact with you within 5 business days after receiving your completed form. Thank You