Volunteers are vital to our organization.
Volunteers are vital to our organization. If you are interested in giving back to your community and helping a neighbor in need, consider giving up a few hours of your time to learn some valuable skills, meet some new people and help change the lives of a local family forever. Volunteers must be 16 years of age to apply, some safety restrictions apply for individuals under the age of 18.
Ready To Sign Up?
***Interested in volunteering? Please email one of the people listed below for more info or to sign up:
Below you will find a list of volunteer opportunities that are typically available.
State Representative Derek Kilmer
- Construction Committee Member: Develop the affiliate's standardized house plans and manage all phases of construction and neighborhood revitalization projects.
- Faith Engagement Committee Member: The committee is to recognize, celebrate, provide support for, organize, reach out to, and increase participation from faith organizations in our service area. Provide an opportunity to put faith into action with tangible results.
- Family Selection Committee Member: Committee has the responsibility for reviewing accepted applications of potential homebuyers and neighborhood revitalization projects, completing home visits, interview potential clients, and their families, and make recommendations regarding applicants to the Board of Directors.Fundraising/Grant Committee Member: To ensure fundraising is done very well. Fundraising should be done by all Board members, with various staff members supporting those Board members.
- Store Cashier/Customer Service: Click here for job description
- Store Donation Test & Repair: Click here for job description
In-kind donations of construction materials or land are also accepted. All donations to HFHCC are tax-deductible.
Contact the HFHCC office at 360-775-3742 to speak to someone about how your group can join Team Habitat!