Home Repair Course
Introducing Habitat for Humanity of Clallam County’s six-week Home Repair Course designed to teach basic skills for repairing and maintaining a home. Whether you’re a house flipper, a beginning DIYer, or anyone interested in learning basic home repairs, this course is perfect for you. To sign up, click here: Home Repair Course SIGN-UP
In addition to learning valuable skills, the course helps a local family in need get needed improvements to the place they call home.
Details of the course:
- May 4 – June 9
- Classes are held on Thursdays and Fridays in Port Angeles, WA
- 9 am – 4 pmish (30-minute break for lunch)
- Class size is limited to six people for a personalized learning experience.
- The course fee is $100, with partial scholarships available.
- Before the course, participants must complete prerequisite training, Competent Person Training, online.
- Participants must be 18 years old by the first day of class on April 27.
- The course will be held in an 1100 sq/ft, 3-bedroom 2, bath home, providing participants with hands-on learning opportunities.
Our Home Repair Course is a unique opportunity for individuals interested in learning basic home repairs and positively impacting their community. By providing hands-on experience in a real home setting and partnering with Habitat for Humanity, participants will leave with the skills and knowledge necessary to tackle a variety of home repairs and the satisfaction of helping to improve the living conditions of a family in need.
Course content includes
- Laminate floor replacement
- Interior and exterior painting
- Trim removal and replacement
- Re-hang and replace doors
- Fixtures and toilets removal and replacement
- Drywall repair
- And more!
Founded in 1976, Habitat for Humanity has helped over 22 million people by building affordable permanent housing to help create strong communities.
Completing the registration form does not guarantee a spot in the class until payment for the course fee has been completed. Once you have registered for the course, you will receive an email response with a link for payment to complete your registration process. It’s important to note that the courses have limited spots available, and payment is required to secure your place in the course.