Aging In Place
Introducing Habitat for Humanity of Clallam County’s newest repair program: Aging in Place!
Our program is designed to empower seniors and disabled individuals to live independently in their home through repairs, modifications, and home preservation projects. We aspire to provide them with a peace of mind and to bring them safety and autonomy.
Habitat will be offering modifications and repairs geared towards independent living. Below are some specific repairs, modifications, and home preservation projects. The list is not limited to these items.
To qualify for this program, one must be:
- 65 and older or qualify as disabled
- Fall within 30% - 60% area median income
- Live in Clallam County
- Have current homeowner’s insurance
- The house must be owner occupied
- Homeowners must be current on all property taxes
- Have a need for service, the willingness to partner with Habitat, and the ability to pay a low or no interest loan or qualify for grant funding
Interested? There are 7 steps to the process:
- You fill out intake form on our website or in person
- If qualified, you will fill out a formal application
- Our crew will assess the home
- We all discuss the scope of work
- Secure grant or loan funding
- Finalize & sign contract
- Initiate work
To create partnerships with our clients, Habitat asks for 8 hours of sweat equity from any persons residing in the house over the age of 18. Sweat equity is a non-financial investment into a partnership with Habitat.
Examples of sweat equity include:
- Help creating the scope of work
- Making lunch for the volunteers
- Writing thank-you notes to suppliers
- Clearing pathways in the home to the work site
As there are sometimes physical limitations present, sweat equity will be evaluated and qualified on a flexible basis. Homeowners must be present in the home while staff and volunteers are on site.
Experience working with Habitat and the crew was excellent! Our whole family including Will and Lila, our dogs, enjoyed the process and everyone involved. Now that the work is done we are imagining what’s next. It feels good to know that our home has been taken care of in such a special way. We would recommend that anyone interested in repairing their home contact Habitat for help." – Mary Alice
Would you or someone you know be interested in this program?
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!
- Siding Repair
- Grab Bars
- Widen Doorways
- Curb less Showers
- Slip Free Flooring
- Cabinet Hardware
- Turn Space in Bathrooms
- Eliminate Steps on the First Floor
- Railings on Hallways
- Contrast Stairs
- Exterior Cleanup